Rose Granny Square Afghan

Discussion in 'Crochet - Afghans' started by crafterschat, Jul 10, 2012.

1. crafterschat Administrator

Craft Books:
    This is one of my all time favorite afghan patterns. I have made 4 of them over the years. The first one was for my daughter and since she was young, I made it with yellow flowers on a pink background. All three of the others were made with the background color pictured below. Two of them had rose colored roses and the other one was made with blue roses which looks much prettier than it sounds. :D

Crochet-rose-afghan.JPG
    Rose Afghan Crochet Pattern

When my daughter was very young, one of my sisters made a single rose square and turned it into a doll pillow by making a plain granny square for the back of the pillow. She then sewed a simple square pillow from a plain cotton fabric and stuffed it with fiberfill. By making her own pillow form in this way, she could make it just the size she needed for the doll pillow. Once she had all the pieces, she stitched the rose and plain granny squares together with yarn and enclosed the hand made pillow form inside the squares. She finished off the pillow by crocheting a shell border around the outside. My daughter still has it today along with the doll blanket that was made in matching colors. I assume she will some day pass it on to her little girl.
  2. Boston Crafter Administrator

Craft Books:
    Those are some nice roses. They almost look real. I'm not suprise the pattern for this rose afghan can be found on craftelf.com. This blanket would make a great gift for a new couple.